Friday, November 27, 2009

Rediscovered



I'm not a terribly organized person. I tend to put things where it is convenient at the time. As a result, stuff piles up in corners and drawers, and sometimes gets forgotten. Recently, under strong encouragement from my wife,  I bought some storage cabinets to organize my things. For the most part the sorting out process has been drudgery. But then I rediscover something and I get excited. That's what happened recently when I unrolled some bubble wrap -- wondering, what is this? -- and found this sewer tile erotic figure. Wow, how could I have ever put this out of mind? And where did I get it? There's no sense of sexual pleasure in the face. She looks like she's been manhandled her entire life. The front side is rough, as if it were burned. The figure is small enough to be concealed in the palm of a hand or carried in a pocket. She makes me wonder: What were the maker's feelings about women? I'm guessing a mixture of attraction and fear.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I was trying to figure out if her arms were broken off or if they were just abbreviated.

    ReplyDelete