Saturday, November 6, 2010

Five Black Horses


I decided to post this Malcah Zeldis painting that I've had since the early 1990s after seeing the latest post at American Folk Art @ Cooperstown, the excellent blog run by Paul D'Ambrosio, chief curator at the Fenimore Art Museum in Cooperstown, N.Y. Unlike me, Paul puts considerable thought into his posts. He is a friend of Malcah Zeldis, and in his post shares her life story and how her Jewish heritage has influenced her art. The painting pictured here dates to 1989. I had to shoot it at an odd angle because it's under glass. I bought Five Black Horses in Cooperstown, at the now defunct Toad Hall gallery.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Toad Hall well from the old days :-)

    This is a nice picture. And thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete